Wednesday, October 24, 2007

# 12 - Rollyo


Hey, I like it! At first I couldn't quite see what was so special about this but the penny dropped as I worked through the exercise. Instead of doing a world wide web search I am able to search a limited set of quality websites and thereby remove from my results list all of the rubbishy hits that I don't want to waste time with. Cool. I created a search roll called beasts birds and bugs. It includes a selection of websites developed by amateur collectors, conservation organisations, scientific research bodies and government departments. These sites deal with a range of animal-related information from pet care and animal welfare to specific guides for identifying insects. The University of Southern Queensland has developed a particularly good guide for spider identification: http://www.usq.edu.au/spider/index.htm

Little "Charlotte" here decided to have her babies in our shed. I think this species of Huntsman is 'holconia immanis' - they have a distinctive stripe on the abdomen.

No comments: